It was my high honor to have a meeting with some experts and very important persons of each country around the world. Great experience and great people….International Symposium so called The 19th Annual International Law and Religion Symposium was held 5-10 October 2012 at the J. Reuben Clark Law School on the campus of Brigham Young University. (Provo-UTAH-USA),
The speakers were more than 75 experts – including government and religious leaders as well as leading academics, from the United States and more than 40 other countries – met in plenary sessions to consider the topics “The Role of Religion in Democratic Transformations”, “Religious Organizations, Civil Society, and Pluralism”, “Religion in Public and Private.” Regional breakout sessions featured delegates from Armenia, Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Cape Verde, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Liberia, Mexico, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, South Africa, South Korea, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
Ten of the 80 delegates were selected to provide their personal reflections on the themes that developed during the symposium:
- Ligia Dias Fonseca, First Lady, Office of the President of Cape Verde
- William Schmidt, Doctor of Philosophy, Dean of Faculty of Religious Studies, Ethnocultural Studies and Regional Studies, John the Apostle Orthodox Institute, Russian Orthodox University, Russia
- Leilani Tuala-Warren, Executive Director, Samoa Law Reform Commission
- Derek H. Davis, Retired Director, J.M. Dawson Institute of Church-State Studies, United States of America
- Maximo Moscoso Pintado, Religious Affairs Coordinator of the State of Tabasco, Secretaria de Gobernacion, Mexico
- Frank S. Ravitch, Professor of Law and Walter H. Stowers Chair of Law and Religion, Michigan State University College of Law, United States of America
- Juan Carlos A. Valderrama, Professor, Universidad Catolica, Peru
- Jose T. Martin de Agar, Professor of Canon Law, Pontificia Universita della Santa Croce, Italy
- DO Quang Hung, Lecturer, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam
- Cekli Setya Pratiwi, Lecturer, Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang Faculty of Law, Indonesia
(quoted from: http://www.iclrs.org/index.php?pageId=2&linkId=221&contentId=1960&blurbId=6730)
The Symposium is sponsored, organized by the International Center for Law and Religion Studies who were invited and hosted by the International Center for Law and Religion Studie
Thank you very much for Professor W. Cole Durham, Jr., Director of the International Center for Law and Religion Studies and Prof. Brett Scharf who were invited me to be one of the speaker in this great symposium.